Big Don's Blog

At last, a place for me to ruminate and offer my own stylistic, sincere, and silly ideas.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Questionnaire: do you really know yourself?

OK, so I was visiting one of my favorite blogs (boredhousewife) and Lisa put out a list. Here are my answers to the same questions (although, at this time Lisa did not have a question 24, so I added it.)


1. Last kiss? The guy in the cube next to me has Hershey kisses in his office. Does that count?

2. How do you flush the toilet in public? I use my foot. It's not that I have a phobia, because I always wash my hands. But every little bit of prevention helps.

3. Do you wear your seatbelt in the car? Yup.

4. Do you have a crush on someone? Usually several people at once.

5. Name one thing that you start to get tense about if you are close to running out of it: Patience.

6. What famous person do you (or other people) think you resemble? I have been compared to many a famous and handsome movie star in days gone by. Actually, several people say I remind them of Charles Grodin.

7. Favorite pizza topping: Mushrooms and black olives.

8. Finish this sentence: if my life was a sitcom my theme song would be... "Running on Empty", by Jackson Browne.

9. Do you pop your knuckles? Yes.

10. What song do you dislike the most when it gets stuck in your head? Any song. My head is so empty that any song echoes around and drives me crazy.

11. Did just mentioning that song make it get stuck in your head? Nope.

12. What are your super powers? I have the ability to put people to sleep at the drop of a hat. I just start talking about my life and before you know it, they are out!

13. Peppermint or spearmint? Peppermint

14. Where are your keys? Sitting on the shelf next to my front door.

15. Who's answers to this questionnaire do you want to hear? I will not tag anyone, so this is a voluntassignmentment.

16. What's your most annoying habit? Because I live by myself (for now) I am sure most everything I do is annoying, but not to me.

17. Where did you last go on vacation? A lake in Wisconsin (I was living in Illinois at the time).

18. If you could punch one person in the nose and get away with it, who would it be? There was this kid in fourth grade who used to pick on me all the time. I'd like to find him today and let him have one in the snoot.

19. What is your best physical feature? My brain (sad, isn't it?), although some women have commented on my eyes.

20. What CD is closest to you right now? Closest: Civilization IV - a PC game. All my music CDs are on the other side of the room.

21. What 3 things can always be found in your refrigerator? Mold, moldy bread, and moldy cheese.

22. What superstition do you believe/practice? Although it is the 21st century I will still throw spilled salt over my shoulder.

23. Does size matter? Geeze, I hope not! It aint what you got, it's how you use it.

24. Paper or Plastic? Depends on my mood, but they don't really ask any more, do they?

25. Do you talk on your cell phone when you drive? Yes, but I usually use my headset.

26. What are your favorite sayings? "You can't swing a dead cat without..."

27. What song(s) do you sing most often in the shower? Something Tony Bennett or Sinatra.

28. If you could go back or forward in time would you and where would you go? I would first go back in time to see certain historical events take place. Then I would go forward to see how human-kind ends up.

29. What is your favorite Harrison Ford movie? Star Wars V: The Empire Strikes Back. Second: Mosquito Coast.

30. What CD is in your stereo? None. I take them out when I am done.

31. What OCD qualities do you have? Staying in a rhythm and routine on a day-to-day basis.

32. how many kids do you plan on having? I have two grown-up daughters and I can't have any more.

33. If you could kiss anyone famous who would it be? Scarlett Johansson. Those lips make me crazy.

34. Would you really want to kiss someone you didn't know? Yes. I like kissing. I am very oral.

35. What do you do when no one is watching? See question 16, I do lots of stuff.

36. If they made a movie about your life, what actor/actress would play you? Ron Howard (although he is a director now).

37. Would you rather die in a blaze of glory or peacefully in your sleep? Blaze of glory.

38. What candy, from when you were a kid, do you miss the most? I have been a Snickers fan for so long, I don't remember.

39. what is your favorite movie? The Great Race.

40. Favorite musician(s)/bands you've seen in concert? Jefferson Airplane, Jefferson Starship, Led Zeplin, Harry James.

41. Have you ever been in love? Are you kidding? If you want to talk about 'True Love', yes a few times.

42. Do you talk to yourself? Again, see question 16. I do catch myself talking to myself, especially early in the morning and in the shower. I ask myself for requests on the songs I sing. It really does work well fo rme.

43. Is there anybody you just wish would fall of the face off the earth? No. Any bad people that I wish were not here are usually replaced by other bad people.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jardena said...

#1 could count, but do you really want it to?:) And I really doubt #12 too. Good question list, though now I wonder why so many people flush the toilet with their feet. I thought it was only OCD microbiologists who did that. Guess not

9:13 PM  
Blogger Chesher Cat said...

Since you like Jefferson Starship, thought you might like to check out the never-before-seen photos I just put up on my blog at: http://everybodyishotisdead.blogspot.com

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home